The first automobile we insured in 1919 was a T-model Ford. We’ve come a long way since then. The passage of time has brought many changes and advancements, but one thing has never changed at Hutchinson Traylor – our commitment to superior service and protection.For more than 85 years, families and businesses throughout Georgia have counted on Hutchinson Traylor for the best property and casualty, life and health insurance, as well as financial products and services. As our client relationships have grown, so has our business. Since Charlie Traylor and Paul Hutchinson first opened their office doors in LaGrange, Georgia, in 1919, we’ve experienced phenomenal growth. We’ve acquired additional insurance agencies in Columbus, and most recently, the Harper-McCall Agency in Moultrie, Georgia.
Over the years, the Hutchinson Traylor family has grown as well. In 1967, Charles W. Smith bought into the agency, working with Charlie Traylor’s nephew, L. Henderson Traylor. Smith maintained majority ownership in Hutchinson Traylor until 1999 when ownership was purchased by his two sons, C. Wesley Smith Jr. and Edward D. Smith. Today, the two brothers and Michael Dollar are owners and operators of the business.